Wednesday 9 September 2015

"Fly and Flop"

I heard the phrase "Fly and Flop somewhere (- can't remember for the life of me where so sorry can't credit it to anyone) and I use it a lot as I think it describes perfectly one of the 2 types of holiday I like to take.

It's a big world and I'm always reluctant to go to the same place twice but there are times when you want to go somewhere familiar to do nothing more than lie on a sun lounger, favourite tipple in hand and read a book (or work on your blog).

As I write this I am in Dalyan, Turkey in a little hotel called the Keysan Yunus (www.keysan.co.uk ). Little is the operative word here - it only has 23 rooms but it has a large pool, plenty of sunbeds, a well stocked bar and is run by a lovely, friendly family for whom nothing is too much trouble.

Here's a picture



I shy away from recommending hotels as everyone has individual tastes and what's right for me may be hideously wrong for you. Plus there's a fantastic website (www.tripadvisor.com) that will give you way more information than I can. All I will say is that this hotel and town suits me and hubby just fine.

I'm here for 2 weeks and hope to spend some of that time writing in (on?) my blog.
For now - my sunbed is calling.

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment