Wednesday 2 December 2015

Horses and hot pots

2.12.15
We survived the storm - it was quite intense and I'm glad we weren't driving in it. It was gale force winds and although it didn't snow any more the winds blew the snow into huge drifts.

We were safe and warm in our lovely cottage, one of a group of 6 built around a natural hot spring "hot pot" or Icelandic hot tub.



The hot pot has boiling hot volcanic water bubbling up into it and it has cold water added to it to make it a comfortable 40 degrees.

Today we went  riding on Icelandic horses. It was absolutely fabulous, beautiful horses, inspiring scenery, part frozen waterfalls awesome in the true sense of the word.


In case you can't make it out we are in the group of 3 riders just visible in the centre of that photo.



After 2 hours on a horse I was grateful for the hot pot back at the cottage - hopefully I won't be too stiff tomorrow!



Late night tonight - we're sitting up on aurora watch - the forecast is quite good tonight.
I don't think I'll be able to take any photo's - my camera isn't good enough - but I'll be able to say I've seen them.

Fingers crossed :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment